Once alcoholic beverages leave the retailer’s possession, it cannot be returned pursuant to applicable law concerning alcoholic products.
In the event that your delivered item is damaged, Mercado de Mezcal is happy to accept your claim in accordance with the procedures that are outlined below.
Mercado de Mezcal understands that there will be times when products may be damaged during delivery. Mercado de Mezcal will honor claims for reimbursement in such events. In order to process claims, Mercado de Mezcal requires that the customer who received the delivery return all damaged products at the direction of Mercado de Mezcal, and we may make the arrangements for the delivery company to pick up the damaged items. We request that you fill out any required forms that the delivery company provides in order to complete your refund. Please understand that if you do not return the damaged products, Mercado de Mezcal may not be able to provide you with the refund. Customers need to file a claim for damaged goods within 10 days of receipt of order. Returned products will be subject to a 10% restocking fee and freight. No returns will be accepted without prior approval, shipping fees is not something we could recover , we work on behave of you to recover what ever we could. Shipper will make few attempts to deliver before returning. These returned products will be subject to a 10% restocking fee plus freight and a $15.00 return shipping fee. Please initiate the claim by logging into your Mercado de Mezcal account and selecting Returns from account page.
We may require the following information to approve a return request:
- Description of damage
- Picture of the damaged item including the packaging
Refunds will be issued as store credit or may otherwise be subject to return fees charged by our payment partners like Visa, Mastercard, and American Express from the original transaction beginning April 1, 2020.
TITLE AND OWNERSHIP
Title to, and ownership of, all alcoholic beverages passes from the retailer to the purchaser at the store, in the State the alcoholic beverage is purchased, and it is the purchaser’s sole responsibility to ship and/or arrange for shipping from that retailer to the state chosen by the purchaser. By arranging for transportation or shipping of any alcoholic beverage under your instructions, we are providing a service to, and acting on behalf of you, or the purchaser if another party. By having us arrange the shipping on your behalf, you are also representing that you are acting in a fashion compliant with the laws and regulations of your State, municipality and any other State that apply to you and the purchase, shipping, transportation and delivery of alcoholic beverages, including, without limitation, wine. You affirm and represent that you have obtained any and all required permission or consent, paid any required fees, and are working through properly licensed intermediaries where required, and you, or the purchaser or other intended or actual recipient, is legally entitled to receive and take possession of alcoholic beverages, is legally entitled to the quantities ordered and delivered and once again represents that he/she is 21 years of age or older.
ADULT SIGNATURE (21+) REQUIRED UPON DELIVERY.
- Freight calculations are estimated and include: freight and packaging within the continental US.
- Shipping and handling charges may vary and will be adjusted prior to shipping.
- We recommend insurance for all shipments, which is optional through UPS/FedEx.
- No purchase of alcoholic beverages will be made to any person under the age of 21. Delivery carrier will require proof of age and an adult signature.
- Products cannot be shipped to an APO, FPO or PO Boxes.
- Mercado de Mezcal will arrange shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address furnished by the buyer that will not subject the seller to any sort of legal actions.
- Some products might be weather sensitive. We strongly recommend and can arrange next day air freight for these items.
- Returned products may be subject to a 10% restocking fee plus the cost of freight and a $15.00 return shipping fee. No returns will be accepted without prior approval.
- UPS will make several attempts to deliver before returning to Mercado de Mezcal. These returned products will be subject to a 10% restocking fee plus the cost of freight and a $15.00 return shipping fee.
- All shipping prices are estimated and are based on destination, the average size and weight (6lbs) of a typical 750 ml bottle. Larger bottles and items with special packaging will require additional shipping cost.
- Shipping days are Monday thru Friday. Most orders will be shipped as soon as they are verified; however, some orders will have delays due to availability.
- When ordering, please make sure that your billing address corresponds with the billing address your issuing credit card bank has on file for you. Orders will not be shipped until address and age verification can be obtained.
- Occasionally, some items are "Out of Stock" and will cause a few days delay; some items do not show backorder status on the web so we suggest that you call the store for availability before you submit your order.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- We regret that shipping charges are not refundable.
Submitted orders does not guarantee shipment—all orders must be verified through our security feature, which ensures credit card information and identity are verified to be one and the same. Once verified, your order will be shipped.
Please be sure you have chosen your Ship To state correctly, as regulations in certain areas of the U.S. prohibit their residents from receiving shipments directly.
Mercado de Mezcal does not ship to certain countries and these US states due to current legal restrictions. TX , NH , UT, ND, KY, PA, IL and VA.